The name ‘Happy Place Spaces’ represents the intention I have to help clients find more joy, love and peace in their homes. There are many avenues to improve one’s well-being, and setting the stage to support your happiness through your physical surroundings is one of them. It is one area that I feel we can have more control over, as opposed to our health or relationships, we have the opportunity to tweak, adjust and create a home that helps us relax, unwind and feel grounded in. Here are a few easier ways to help create a more positive environment at home:
Work with the different elements to attract positive energy into your space, through working with Air, Fire, Water and Earth.
- By allowing fresh airflow into our home, it can help clear out the old stagnant energies and bring in new life.
- Simply open up a window, or doors.
- Diffuse essential oils into your spaces. Choose scents that you love. Citrus scents can help bring joy and lightness to a space, while lavender can help you feel more calm.
We can harness the power of the element fire through candles, beautiful layers of lighting, burning sacred herbs and bringing in sunlight! Recommended herbs and resins to burn are: sage, copal, sweet grass, cedar or palosanto. By burning these herbs it actually emits negative ions which improve the energy of the space. Lighting plays a huge part in how we feel in a space. Improve the energy in your space through adding in accent lights, soft lighting and ensuring light is spread throughout rooms.
- Open up your curtains, shutters and blinds to let the sunlight improve the energy in your home.
- Burn candles, watch the flame and allow it to cleanse your space.
- Burn sacred herbs or resins.
- Light up your home through layers of lights through lamps, dimmer switches and consciously chosen light bulbs.
We can bring the element of earth into our home through plants, natural wood furniture/accents and stones. Ensure that your plants are healthy and thriving, otherwise they actually lower the energy of your home. Good quality artificial plants can also create a positive impact as we will feel more connected to nature.
- Bring in plants into your home. Keep them healthy!
- Decorate with some natural elements, ex: wood, stone, wool
Water is a cleansing element, it can help remove negative energy and allow space for fresh feel-good energy to come into your home.
- Add in a water fountain.
- Wash your home, laundry and windows regularly to help cleanse your space.
I hope you choose to incorporate some of the above tips to help improve the energy of your space so that you can come home to an oasis, a happy place space!