Cleansing your space is such a great practice to do when moving into a new home, or looking to revamp the energy in your current home. Many different cultures over many years have been practicing this tradition of doing space cleansing or space blessings. From aboriginal cultures to Chinese Feng Shui, it is now becoming more widely accepted, especially here in Western culture. It is no wonder why it is becoming increasingly practiced, it comes with many benefits, here a few below.
Benefits of space clearing:
- Clears away lingering energies
- Creates a loving, harmonious space in which to grow
- Protects the space from negative energy
- Like energy attracts like, your intentions will help you attract what you desire
- Clears low energy, and low energy is linked to illness
- Fills air with negative ions (the good ones) to help balance the energy of the space
- When we are stressed we emit positive ions, and they collect in our space like dust.
- Objects & beings vibrate and over time we will vibrate at the same level.
- If we have a higher energy vibration than our space, we can be brought down.
- The opposite is true. If the room is vibrating at a higher level than ourselves, this can help elevate our energy and mood. *GOAL!*
There are a few different methods that you can use to cleanse your space, including a smoke-free option! Space cleansing involves eliminating negative and stagnant energy, which can be done without burning herbs through harnessing sunlight, fresh air, essential oils, and/or music (or bells or singing bowls)!! This can make it more friendly for those with pets, allergies or infants in the home.
GUIDE ON HOW TO SPACE CLEANSING WITH SAGE:
Here is the process for you to practice space cleansing with sage so you can receive the many benefits from it! As for supplies, I recommend a wrapped bundle of sage, matches or lighter, heat-proof container (such as a ceramic bowl) to catch ashes, large sturdy feather and sand inside that bowl in order to put out the burning sage when you are complete. Additionally, you can pick up a stick of palo santo wood as they is a lovely way to infuse positive energy after a space clearing, or any time you need a pick-me-up!
Space Clearing Process:
- Get yourself grounded before you begin. Take deep breaths, ‘cut chords’ with any lingering tensions or people, and start from a calm and grounded place.
- Set intentions on what you’d like to clear, and what you’d like to welcome in.
- Light the sage, hold a heatproof container underneath to catch the ashes.
- Guide the smoke throughout each space of your home. Use a feather to help distribute the smoke around your space, especially getting the low areas and corners where heavy energy lingers.
Start at the front door and work your way around in a clockwise circle, ending in at your front door, open it to release the low energy out of your home. You can choose to do your whole home, including basement & furnace room, or simply one area if you feel some tension or low energy lingering there. Best practice is to do whole home.
- End with gratitude & open windows to let in the fresh energy!
Would you rather book a professional to conduct a space cleansing at your home? We offer that in the greater Calgary area, in Alberta, Canada.
Courtesy of Veronica Stone
(Happy Place Creator)
Happy Place Spaces.