Many different cultures over many years have been practicing this tradition of doing space cleansing or blessings. From aboriginal cultures to Chinese Feng Shui, it is now becoming more widely accepted, especially here in Western culture. It is no wonder why it is becoming increasingly practiced, it comes with many benefits, here a few below.
Benefits of space clearing:
- Clears away lingering energies
- Creates a loving, harmonious space in which to grow
- Protects the space from negative energy
- Like energy attracts like, your intentions will help you attract what you desire
- Clears low energy, and low energy is linked to illness
- Fills air with negative ions (the good ones) to help balance the energy of the space
- When we are stressed we emit positive ions, and they collect in our space like dust.
- Objects & beings vibrate and over time we will vibrate at the same level.
- If we have a higher energy vibration than our space, we can be brought down.
- The opposite is true. If the room is vibrating at a higher level than ourselves, this can help elevate our energy and mood. *GOAL!*
Here is the process for you to practice space cleansing so you can receive the many benefits from it! As for supplies, I recommend a wrapped bundle of sage, matches or lighter, heat-proof container (such as a ceramic bowl) to catch ashes, large sturdy feather and sand inside that bowl in order to put out the burning sage when you are complete. Additionally, you can pick up a stick of palo santo wood as they is a lovely way to infuse positive energy after a space clearing, or any time you need a pick-me-up!
Space Clearing Process:
- Get yourself grounded before you begin. Take deep breaths, ‘cut chords’ with any lingering tensions or people, and start from a calm and grounded place.
- Set intentions on what you’d like to clear, and what you’d like to welcome in.
- Light the sage, hold a heatproof container underneath to catch the ashes.
- Guide the smoke throughout each space of your home. Use a feather to help distribute the smoke around your space, especially getting the low areas and corners where heavy energy lingers.
Look to start at the front door and work your way around in a clockwise circle, ending in at your front door, open it to release the low energy out of your home. You can choose to do your whole home, including basement & furnaceroom, or simply one area if you feel some tension or low energy lingering there. Best practice is to do whole home.
- End with gratitude & open windows.
A Cleansing Prayer
May your hands be cleansed, that they create beautiful things. May your feet be cleansed, that they take you where you most need to be. May your heart be cleansed, that you might hear its messages clearly. May your throat be cleansed, that you might speak rightly when words are needed.
Would you rather book a professional to conduct a space cleansing at your home? We offer that in the greater Calgary area, in Alberta, Canada.
Courtesy of Veronica Stone
(Happy Place Creator)
Happy Place Spaces.